Tuesday 1 November 2011

Let the 31 day challenge begin!

I'm sure you have seen this 31 day nail challeneg floating around the blogosphere recently. I've seen lots of people taking part and it seems like fun so like a good sheep I'm joining in! Jumping firmly on the bandwagon, here I go!

Day 1 is red nails. I have a magnetic polish from FashionistA to show you. FashionistA launched their Magnetism polish range with the girl group The Saturdays and the range includes silver, blue, purple, green and red. Each polish is named after one of The Saturdays (I have no idea which is whose, to be honest I couldn't care less, it's the polish I want!) but since I already have blue, silver, purple and green from 17 and Nails Inc I only went for the red, All Fired Up Red, which apparently is Rochelle's colour (I'll take the press releases word for it...). I didn't go for any of the other colours since all the magnetic polishes from the three brands I have are exactly the same in bottle, brush and formula - so I can only assume they are the same. In any case, the colours are similar enough that you don't need more than one of them (although the mind boggles at the price difference. I'm looking at you, Nails Inc.) FashionistA's Magnetism retails for £6 at Superdrug, making it the middle ground since you buy the magnet separately for £3. I didn't buy a magnet since it's the same design as the 17 and Nails Inc ones I have. BUT the fact that you buy the magnet separately gives me hope that more patterns will be available soon... Anyway, onto the polish!

This is 1 coat of All Fired Up Red with a coat of Seche (which didn't play nice and has shrunk it a little...). As with most metallic polish the finish is a little muted, so if you want shine you'll need topcoat.





Pretty, no? It's a pink/purple toned red, perfect for autumn and winter. I love it and when it comes off my fingers tonight it will be going on my toes instead :)

I thought this would be a good opportunity to show you the red polishes in my collection on a nail wheel, since red and purple drew for first place in the poll I put up a few weeks ago. Here they all are, barring China Glaze Ruby Pumps (swatched on my glitter wheel), W7 Earthquake Red (swatched with my crackles) and FashinistA All Fired Up Red (swatched with my magnetics). All 2 coats unless stated in brackets.




1. Leighton Denny Viva la Diva, 2. Barry M Bright Red, 3. 17 Fast Finish Knockout Red

4. Miss Sporty 150, 5. MUA Shade 6, 6. MeMeMe Pin Up (3)

7. 17 Fast Finish Ruby Dazzle, 8. 17 Lasting Fix Chateau, 9. Natural Collection Raspberry

10. Collection 2000 ?, 11. Barbara Daly Envy (3), 12. Models Own Garnet

13. 2True Fast Dry Colour Quick Shade 8, 14. Nails Inc Tate, 15. Nails Inc Victoria (3)

16. Essie Wicked, 17. Bourghesse Sanguino,18. 2True Crystal Shade 2

A few dupe-y ones there but nothing identical. I'm a wee bit peeved that 15, 16 and 17 are so close though. I know I definitely don't need all three...

Anything there you'd like to see a full swatch or mani? I think red will feature highly in my Christmasy nails!

So, that's the first day of the challenge done! I've added a tab at the top so you can check out the rest of the challenges, or even join in yourself. Let me know if you do!

Hx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the challenge! Loving the red magnetic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these and the frugalist in me said 'noooooooo'...the colour IS lovely though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!