Monday 30 May 2011

NOTD - Wedding Nails

My bestest friend got married this Saturday just gone! I had such an amazing time, there was such a loving happy atmosphere to the whole day, it really was perfect. Congratulations Gem!

Anyway, here are some craptastic pictures of the manicure I wore for the day. I did this manicure at 10pm the night before, in a dim hotel room (dim because the kids were sleeping so we had to have the lights low) and I couldn't get the stamping to go right. I was happy with how it turned out, although I forgot to take any cotton buds with me, so I couldn't clean up very well.

The base colour is O.P.I Parlez Vous O.P.I? stamped with Miss Sporty Hip Pop, reversed on the ring finger and thumb. I stamped a butterfly design using one of my Born Pretty fauxnads and topped with Seche Vite. I wanted to do a full nail design but I was having trouble getting it to stamp properly.

I'm sorry the pictures are truly awful. I took the first one at the reception after a wee dram or two... then realising I didn't have many pics I took some this morning so there's tipwear etc.




And a sneaky pic of me and the bride, and another friend of ours (I'm in the asymetric dress). She looked exactly like a disney princess. Not how I would do it, but it suited her down to the ground. The weather was a bit dreary but it really didn't matter, the happy couple were surrounded by love and you truly could feel it. Ok, ok, I'll stop, put the sick bucket down!

I'm about to put together some flatpack furniture and then take this off. Thank you for your suggestions and requests for the contents of my untried drawer. I'm going to use two of the polishes for a mani this evening!

Hx
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Aww this mani is so adorable and fits the occasion very well .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The dress was more purple than it shows in the picture, so it was a pretty good match :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I'd love to see your make up collection, I'm just so obsessed with reading what people are using and recommending! :) X



    P.S. Don’t forget about my giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mademoiselle Lala, thanks, I entered today! I think I will do the make-up post, maybe on Friday or over the weekend...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!