Thursday 5 May 2011

NOTD - Beauty UK Soft Grey gorgeousness and other yummy things...

Helloooo! Today I have an absolutely edible polish to show you that I have fallen in love with. Whenever I go to Superdrug the Beauty UK stand is always the first one I go to, and last time I did I picked up this beauty and I'm so glad I did. Soft Grey is exactly that, a beautiful soft dove grey that pulls a little blue in some lights. Pictures below are direct sunlight, 3 (totally worth it) coats.



I'd say the first pic is more colour accurate, but I used the second so you can see the hint of blue. This is definitely going to be one I reach for over and over.

I had planned to do some stamping over this polish, but then I put it on and I didn't want to disrupt the yum so I wore it plain. I also bought the Collection 2000 sparkle top coat as an alternative to China Glaze White Cap which I have the hugest lemming for. I'm in no way saying this is a dupe, but I think it will give a similar effect and will do for me! But again, I left the soft grey alone, sparkle top coat will have to wait!


Now, onto a favourite subject of mine, freebies! Yesterday I bought June's issue of Marie Claire which has a free Body Shop Body Butter, and I got the mango one (there was also shea butter and a lavender one). And today the new InStyle mag is out, and I picked up two copies because they have their free Nails Inc polishes again.



I picked up Electric Teal and Candy Orange. There is also a nude shade available, but I'll leave that for now as I already have Nails Inc Jermyn Street (another freebie) which is a pinky nude. I might change my mind and get it later in the month, but I would have looked like a prat buying three copies of the same magazine in one go.


I'll be using one of these tonight, probably the teal... I have found in the past that the Nails Inc polishes apply like tippex - maybe it's just the freebies I don't know, so I will let you know how I get on!

Will be visiting Superdrug at the weekend and will be sure to stalk the Beauty UK stand! They recently bought out a new collection and I NEED the pearly white polish, Frozen Kingdom, but every time I look the stand has been ravaged by a caveman and there's none left, so wish me luck!

Hx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, everybody needs FK. I just got Sage Green. Hey, I need to see the Collection 2000 coz I have a mini White Cap and if you've found a dupe then hoo-bloody-rah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From looking at swatches I don't think it's a dupe, but it gives a similar effect so I'm happy with that. And for something like £2.99 I wont tell if you don't...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!