Monday 2 May 2011

NOTD - O.P.I Wing It! plus first attempt at stamping!

Hello!
Today I am going to show you my first attempt at stamping using mu Born Pretty Hello Kitty plate. This mani didn't turn out how I wanted it, but I guess it wasn't a complete fail. It was more the polish I wasn't happy with rather than the stamping. I used O.P.I Wing It! for the base, and I knew as soon as I saw it it would be sheer, but I didn't know how sheer. I'd read other bloggers saying it was 3 or 4 coats. Nope. I did 8. 8 effing coats and there's still VNL. Also the colour wasn't exactly great on me. It's a corally pink jelly with pink and blue microglitter and is really very pretty, but on me it looks boring, you don't get the shimmer and since I was gardening and getting dirty it looked quite disgusting, even though it didn't chip. I stamped the flutterbys with China Glaze Peace On Earth, a golden metalic olivey-green, and I don't think the contrast was enough either. Perhaps I should have used a solid colour, a purple or white or something. *LeSigh* You live and learn!

 Excuse my disgusting skin and cuticles...
 I matched my jewellery to my nails for the day :)
I added a teeny flower to the thumb :)

Anyway, I wore the mani for 2 days of gardening and it didn't chip. I've replaced it with something else now (another semi-fail *sob*), but only because I started picking at it lol

I need to update my april wishlist and sort out one for may, and also my round up :) so I may post those when I get 5 minutes tomorrow. Get in touch if you'd like to be included in the round up, I've got a few people/manicures I want to include but there's always room for more! I have bought so many polishes this month, I'll post a proper stash update and then I really need to go on a no-buy. We're going away for the weekend to a friends wedding at the end of the month and I need a new outfit and to SAVE for it so it doesn't completely bankrupt us, so no more polishes. Shouldn't be too hard since I was struggling to find a polish to buy in Boots yesterday (3 for 2 on all make-up, I picked up the two polishes I wanted then couldn't find a third so ended up with a lipgloss). Although I have recently had a make-up cull and got rid of everything from my make-up stash that was past it's best so that needs replensihing :D Maybe I'll do a make-up post one day this week.... On that note, can anyone recommend a good (and cheap) eye-shadow primer?

Hope everyone has had  a nice weekend x
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. To stop VNL you should put a white coat underneath, works every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stamping is neat even if the colour contrast isn't great. So that's actually the main thing.

    OMG I so need to go on a no-buy too. Maybe we should get a bunch of us like Weight Watchers and have a "pact" and monitor each other. May do a post on that actually.

    ALSO I find that too in my local crummy Boots. Not enough good stuff to make a 3 for 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the color choices. They are faint, but cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!