Saturday 21 May 2011

ABC of the Nail Newbie...

Hi guys,


I've seen this posted on a few blogs and it seemed like fun, so I'm joining in! Also I'm perpetually nosy, so please feel free to take part yourself!


A. Age: 
I'm 29, so big birthday coming up next year...


B. Bed size:
King. If my other half and I have to share a regular double we feel so crowded now.


C. Chore you hate:
Er, everything. I guess I hate washing dishes the most, because that's what chips my manicures the most.

D. Day:
When you're a stay at home Mummy, everyday is pretty much the same! I guess any day that the OH has off so we can do something together.

E. Essential start to your day:
Cuddles with my boys.


F. Favorite color:
Purple and blue, although there aren't any colours I dislike and wouldn't wear, in clothes or polish.

G. Gold or Silver:
Silver. I don't think gold suits my skintone and I very rarely wear any jewellery other than silver or white gold.

H. Height:

I'm a mini 5'2". And I rarely wear heels taller than a couple of cm so I'm definitely a shortass.

I. Instruments:
I can play clarinet and piano, although I haven't for years. I can also hold a tune if I do say so myself!

J. Job title:
Chief Slave (a.k.a mother)

K. Kids:

2 gorgeous, exhausting boys. Oliver, age 3 1/2 and Jake, age 10 months

L. Live:
In Bedforshire somewhere in between Luton, Bedford and Milton Keynes. But I'm originally from Sarf Landon, innit.


M. Mom’s name:
Elizabeth. If I ever have a pink baby Elizabeth will be her middle name.

N. Nicknames:
Helly, H, Hellyboo, Hellbell. When I was at primary school my nickname was Helen the Lemon. When puberty hit it changed to Helen the Melon. I'll leave the reason for that for you to figure out...

O. Overnight hospital stays:
A few. Three times when I was preggers with Ollie as my kidneys were giving up, then two more times when having each of the boys. A couple when I was a child for tonsils and stuff.

P. Pet peeve:
I have to admit I am a bit of a grammar nazi. I once considered making a twitter just to go around and correct people's grammar. I really don't get how people can't remember the difference between their, there and they're. Sorry.

Q. Quote from a movie:
"He did what in his cup?" Mater, Cars (You can tell I have young kids, quoting disney >.< )

R. Right or left handed:
Right.

S. Siblings:
I have two younger brothers. They'll always be my little brothers but they're 26 and 25 now, and both are at least a foot taller than me...trust me to get the midget gene.

T. Time you wake up:
Whenever the baby does. Sometimes 5.30, 6, 6.30, generally not later than 7 although this morning it wasn't until 7.15. Of course I was wide awake wondering why he hadn't woken up yet...

U. Underwear:
I haz it.

V. Vegetables you dislike:
Are avocados vegetables? I have a feeling they're not, but it's one of the few things I don't like, so avocados.

W. What makes you run late:
Kids needing a nappy change/wee/drink or not being able to find their hat/shoe/particular toy when I'm just about to go out of the door. Other than that, nothing much. I hate being late. HATE it, I get all flustered.

X. X-Rays you’ve had:
Um, I know I've sprained my wrist, and fractured my shin bone. I dislocated my hip so that was x-rayed, and got whiplash falling out of bed on a school camp once (yep, I fail that hard). So that's four. There's probably more, and I know I've had my teeth x-rayed too.

Y. Yummy food you make:
I usually like cooking. I make an awesome lasagne, and I can bake pretty good. I am quite proud of myself for the fact that neither of my boys has had a single jar of baby food, it was all hand made from scratch.


Z. Zoo:
We took Oliver to the zoo when he was about 6 months old. It was lovely, but expensive! We might go again for Jake's birthday in July. We live really close to Woburn Safari Park and Whipsnade Zoo, so other than the extortionate cost we really have no excuse not to go.







So that's it! If you're as nosy as me and have read this far, thanks! Now it's your turn so I can stalk find out more about you!


Hx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen an A-Z post. It's a great idea.

    I hate being late or rushed too. Grr.

    Rubber gloves for washing up? I don't know why some people hate them so much...

    Home-cooking. You are SO earth-mother. Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Thanks, but earth mother I'm not. Plastic nappies all the way...

    I'm allergic to marigolds, give me an itcy rash all up my arms. And to be honest I'm a clumsy moo at the best of time, I don't need a layer of slippery rubber helping me drop things...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!