Sunday 24 November 2013

Winter is here...

Brrr!

So, the clocks have fallen back, we've had our first snowfall (just a few flurries, but it totally counts!) and it seems winter really is here. Which is a good thing really as that was the theme for adventures in stamping this week! I got a bit adventurous with some layering and a glitter accent. I used a base of Sally Hansen Eel Skin, a lovely mid-grey creme and then topped my accent ring and thumb with Dollish Polish You'll Shoot Yer Eye Out, Kid. There's a bit of a story behind this one, I don't think it's meant to have the gold stars in. At least all the swatches I've seen haven't had gold stars in but I bought it (very cheaply) from a lady who'd had an accident with the original bottle and had decanted it. I'll ask her one day but for now, I have gold stars. I did have to fish for the snowflake glitters, which was a bit of a pita, but it's totally worth it. So pretty! I then stamped this wintery foresty tree-y scene from Bundle Monster 407 in Konad White, and sandwiched it under a thin layer of Models Own Indian Ocean for the pretty shimmer. In LOVE with the fairytale-like result!

Ready, Steady, Pic Spam!








With flash. Dat shimmer!

Now, I'm facing a bit of a dilemma. I broke a corner off my thumb nail a few days ago, and rather than filing it all down I shaped it into an almond and kinda fell in love with it! But now, do I do the rest of them, or do I let this grow out and file it back to square? My nails are long enough to have short almonds now, and I've wanted to try them for a while but I know it makes the nails weaker and I'm not ready to lose the little bit of length I've managed to get for the first time ever. So, what would you do? I asked on Instagram yesterday and the majority or people said go for it... Maybe I will after I've finished the 33 day challenge - I've been working ahead and only have 3 more to do so we'll see how the thumb fares in the meantime!


Are you a fan of winter? I love my fairytale winter nails, just not so keen on the cold!

Hx
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I love this manicure, looks brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this. I'm a hug fan of winter and I am missing the snow already. Hopefully I get to see some when I get home for Christmas.
    As for your nail shape. Go for it! I went for more pointier almonds after I managed to break one of my nails. Loved it (now it's back to squoval though). Luckily my nails are strong enough to handle it, but at certain lengths I started to have huge tip wear and also some chipping. Plus the pointy tips started to interfere with my lab work :( But still go for it, you'll never know unless you've tried ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too funny. I *just* picked up Indian Ocean yesterday, specifically to do winter nail art with it! You beat me to it, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! You made a good job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE winter but I'm all for winter themed nails! The are fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so SO good!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. feel free to enter my Origins giveaway to win three best selling products! click here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!