Wednesday 27 November 2013

33 Day Challenge Day 29 - your favourite pattern!

Helloo!

I had a bit of a brain fart when it came to this manicure. I was convinced it was due to come after the Europe prompt and so did it in a bit of a rush before checking and realising it was still a couple of weeks away. Doh! Anyway, I was mostly happy with how it came out so I'll go with it... I chose paisley as my favourite pattern, and I could have taken the easy way out and stamped it, but I decided to try and freehand it with a Barry M nail art pen. The detail could have been a little finer, and it would have been nice to not have had to go over the design 4 times (hence the blurry pinky) for the pen to be opaque, but beggars can't be choosers. I used 3 coats of Sally Hansen Jaded as the base, and the accent is a couple of coats of a Poundland feather polish (which I talked about in this post). Freehanded random paisley and done. I'm still not convince by the feather effect (hairy nails, anyone?), but I think I can handle it in small doses.







What's your favourite pattern?

Hx


Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!