Thursday 1 December 2011

31 Day Challenge - day 23 inspired by a movie

Hello! I decided to have a little fun with this manicure and based it on Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory - the original 1971 version. I used No 7 Cheeky Chops (which is much more pink than my pictures show) as the base on all my nails apart from the thumb, stamped candy canes on my little finger, lollipops on my middle finger and sweeties on the index. On the thumb I created a golden ticket using Barry M Gold Foil and a chocolate brown from Primark, and then coated my ring finger nail in hundreds and thousands! I wore this all day yesterday and was out Christmas shopping and I got a few strange looks! And my 16 month old son kept trying to eat the sprinkles...



The hundreds and thousands didn't annoy me as much as I thought they would, but I still picked them off while I was out running last night! I stuck stuck them into my topcoat and pressed them in, before using two thick coats of seche to seal them in.

Tomorrow is inspired by a book day, and I had such a hard time coming up with something. But, the idea I settled on came out really good, and is super cute! I'm really happy with them, so see you tomorrow!

The end is in sight...

Hx
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. love this mani! great way to do the movie justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have seen that movie well over 100 times (the first one! Nice nails, would never of thought to use those in nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love Willy Wonka, great concept. Lol can't blame the little'un. They do look yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!