Saturday 24 December 2011

I fixed it :) and my Christmas manicure

Thank you all for your comments on my last rather panicky post! I did what I said I would and spent some time just buffing and filing the excess gel off my nails and made a HUGE improvement. They're no where near perfect, but from a distance they no longer look like I'd dipped my nails in concrete and then slapped emulsion over them... They don't hurt any more, it was just for an hour or so when I woke up the morning after that they ached, but I will buy some remover and soak them off the first chance I get if they start to ache again! Anyway, thank you all :)

Moving on to the manicure I settled on for Christmas. We're spending today, tomorrow and Boxing day with Mr NN's sister and all of his family and will be staying in a hotel, so I doubt I'll get to change my manicure until boxing night at the earliest. I have packed some remover and a sparkly polish just in case of major chippage, but hopefully I wont need it. For this manicure I used China Glaze Poinsettia and Barry M Gold Foil Effects, and stamped a starry image from sDP-D07. Love it, the stamping isn't perfect (is it ever) and I missed the edges of the nail a few times since I'm not used to the length, but over all I'm happy :)

Swatch of Poinsettia and the foil effect first:


Love.




What do you think? Do they look better? I know they're not perfect buy they're tons better. I'll just keep moisturising them and hopefully I wont have done too much damage!

This is a scheduled post as I'll be on the M1 somewhere when it's posted, so have a fantastic polish-filled Christmas and I'll see you on the other side!

Hx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. yay sooooo glad you fixed them sweetheart - come and be friends with me on facebook - find me at The Crumpet and then i'll pick you up from there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mani, but I don't hope to sound mean, but you totally shot your nails to hell for the next 4 months once you take off the gel. I used to get gel/tips for about two years straight, but I couldn't have them with my new job, and those four months after I took them off were hell, even with growth top coats. I love the way they look but they just kill your nails.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!