Tuesday 15 October 2013

Off Topic Tuesday - These are a few of my favourite things...



Whiskers on roses and raindrops on kittens...or something like that anyway! I thought today I would share with you a few things I'm loving at the moment!

Owls


I love anything feathery, and now have quite a few owlish things around my home, including this infinity scarf (which goes with EVERYTHING. No, really, I wear it with everything!) which was just £5 from Tesco. Also this giant owl mug is perfect for a massive cuppa, I picked it up in Matalan for £3. Twit twoo! And my favourite bag, an Anna Smith owl print satchel and matching purse. Made from oil cloth so it's durable (and wipe clean, important when you're a mum and clumsy) and has 11tymillion pockets inside for all the lipsticks/receipts/conkers/lego I carry around!


Yankee Candles

I don't have a huge selection of yankees, and I prefer the tarts and votives to jars because you can switch your scent up more often, but I can't resist popping a tart in my shopping whenever I'm in Clintons! My favourites at the moment are Vanilla Chai and Witches Brew, and I also have a small Turquoise Sky jar in my bathroom (because it matches the walls!) I can't do foody ones though, they make me hungry!


Slow Cooking

As it's got colder again, I've rekindled my love affair with my slow cooker. It's so easy to bung everything in when I get back from the school run, forget about it all day (apart from the yummy smells!) and have a delicious home cooked meal ready for me and Mr NN once the boys are in bed. This week we've had spag bol, a gammon joint (which just fell apart it was so tender), a ham and lentil soup with the gammon leftovers and currently a rice pudding is simmering away. Nom!


Coloured Tights

This might seem like an odd one, but I seem to have collected a few different coloured tights this season! I have a couple of dresses that I like to wear with boots and tights, including this textured aztec skater dress from H&M (£14.99) and pairing them with different coloured tights just switches it up a bit! I have navy blue, purple, grey, burgundy crochet, woolly, star print...just adds a bit of interest to a fairly safe outfit.


Facial oils and serums

Another odd one perhaps, but at the age of 31 I'm starting to feel the need to invest in my skincare a little more rather than just slapping a bit of moisturiser on every now and again. I recently got a sample of Clarins Double Serum and I love it! My skin is feeling dryer than usual at the moment and this just gives it a moisture boost before my normal moisturiser. I wish I had looked at the price before I fell in love with it though, because although a little goes a long way, at £55 for 30mls it is way beyond my budget. Hopefully, this Vitamin E skin oil from Superdrug will prove to be a much more purse friendly alternative at £1.99 for 30ml and I can't wait to try it. I'm a big fan of their vitamin E range, and it's had great reviews so hopefully this lives up to expectations!



So, there are my current loves! What are you loving at the moment? Any skin oils/serums or Yankee scents you'd recommend?

Hx
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!