Wednesday 30 October 2013

33 Day Challenge day 17 - artwork featuring your favourite brand!

Hi!

Today's promt is to use your favourite brand in some artwork, and when I was scribling down ideas I immediately wrote China Glaze. There is rarely a China Glaze collection released where I don't want at least one of them, and they're polishes I reach for time and time again. But when it actually came to doing the mani, I started having second thoughts. What about Barry M? I love a bit of Barry, and they're a British brand. But then, Models Own is a Brit brand too, what about them? And my OPI minis collection is growing, and they are favourites too... Too many polishes, not enough fingers!

In the end I went with a compromise, and pulled a China Glaze and a Barry M out of my untrieds drawer. I went for one of Barry's Gellys, Blue Plum and combined with a polish China Glaze's New Bohemian collection, Unpredictable. Blue Plum is a dark, slightly dusty navy creme and Unpredictable is a duochrome with blue, green, gold and teal in there. I'd seen the boho's stamped nicely over darker colours so I thought I'd try that, using Pueen 44. Really happy with the turnout, it looks elegant and classy, and the colours looked great together.





Pretty!

What's your favourite brand? Or do you find it hard to chose like me!

Hx


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. It's def hard to choose just one brand:)
    Oh, and I like your new mani:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!