Monday 28 October 2013

33 Day Challenge day 16 - South America!

Hi!

I think the country/place inspired themes in this challenge are the hardest, and this was no exception. I spent a while googling South America and came up with lots of ideas - rainforests, carnival, tango and salsa, but in the end I settled for a scarlet macaw and love it! I used Barry M Blueberry Gelly as my base and painted feathers using Nails Inc Notting Hill Carnival and Barry M Blood Orange Gelly on my fingers. Then I Used Blood Orange and painted a parrot head in a sort of half-heart shape, and added a white patch, black beak and black and white eye (which I managed not to smudge with the top coat for once!). How cute is he?! And the good thing is you don't have to be too neat, because it makes it look more feathery ;) Please excuse the slightly awkward hand poses...






Nice and bright to cheer up a dreary day :)

Hx


Pin It

6 comments:

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!