Tuesday 29 October 2013

Off-Topic Tuesday - Budget Beauty Buys worth trying!


Although this is prominently a nail blog, I'm a closet beauty junkie too. There's no way in a million years I'll ever get through all of my make-up, but I still buy more and more. And when it comes to spending, I want more for my money! But to get the quantity you don't always have to scrimp on quality, so I thought I'd share a few of the budget friendly products I use every day and love. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a collection of MAC lippies and Urban Decay palettes, but when I can get a whole make-up bag full of goodies for the price of one higher end one, I know which I'd rather have!

MUA

I seem to have amassed quite an array of MUA products, both from their main £1 range and the slightly pricier pro range. It started off with a single eye shadow (Shade 1 pearl, not pictured because my three year old smashed it...) which I loved so much as an eye shadow and highlighter, and moved on from there. Several of the products I use everyday and will repurchase over and over - the pressed powder and clear mascara for my brows are used every single day. I love all the palettes as they're great quality and only around £4. A recent favourite is the Intense Kisses lip gloss. At just £2 it's comparable to Rimmel Apocalips, but easier to wear and less messy!



Derma V10 Cocoa Body Butter

I must admit I'm a little bit lazy when it comes to body moisturising. I buy a new product and start out with good intentions, but they soon fade either when the product doesn't live up to expectations or I just get bored of it. But not with this one. I tried it after Miss Budget Beauty's recommendation and have repurchased several times since then. For just 99p (I get mine from Body Care, but apparently you can get it in Poundland and 99p stores too) you get a decent 220ml tub of bright orange body butter. Yup, bright orange! But as soon as you rub it into your skin you get a rich, gorgeous smelling, moisturising lotion that really packs a punch. The scent lingers on your skin, but doesn't smell fake or too sickly and makes my skin really soft and smooth. My only reservation is the colour, but with a product this good I can overlook that. If you're a fan of the much pricier Body Shop body butters, give this a go. I promise you wont regret it!



Superdrug Vitamin E Range

I first tried the vitamin e range from Superdrug after the huge hype the Hot Cloth Cleanser caused in the blogosphere when it launched. I fell in love with it and have been using it ever since. I'm happy to report the rest of the range is just as good! Most recently I've been using the Facial Scrub and Oil and they're both products I love. The scrub is oat based, and while I usually find these aren't 'scrubby' enough for me, the exfoliating particles in this have just the right texture. Since I purchased the oil a few weeks ago I have used it every single night before bed and the difference it has made to my dry skin is incredible. My skin feels so much brighter and smoother, my make-up goes on so much easier and even the dark shadows under my eyes are less noticable. And for under £3!


Ebay

Not a budget beauty buy as such, but definitely worth noting if you're after a bargain! I like going in store and having a browse, but online shopping can be just as satisfying, especially if you know what you're looking for. I recently got a brand new Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow on ebay for around £3.80 + free delivery, when the exact same product in Boots or Superdrug would have set me back £4.99. Ok, so there are often 3 for 2 offers or discounts, and points to collect in store, but if you're just looking for one thing and don't want to be tempted then see if you can find it on Ebay first! Other things I have picked up are a Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Berry Queen for under £2 and a couple of Sleek eye palettes for much lower than the RRP. 

I hope this has been helpful! If you're tight careful like me or often find you have too much month at the end of your money, share your budget tips!

Hx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!