Wednesday 22 June 2011

Cold, shiny, hard plastic...

Happy Pink Wednesday everyone, I don't think Ill ever get bored of trawling through Mean Girls quotes to find titles for my Wednesday posts :)

Just a quick post today because I'm in a foul mood and I don't want to neg everyone out, so less talk more pictures.



I used 2 coats of Stargazer number 508 (I hate it when brands don't name their polishes) which was a pig to apply and after 2 coats I quite frankly had enough, even though it needed more. It's a pretty colour though, sort of a milky-cream-pale yellow with shimmer. Are all Stargazer polishes like this? I'm hoping not. Then I crackled it with MUA's Nail Quake in Shock Waves and topped with Seche.


Then this morning I added a coat of Collection 2000 Nail Care Shimmer Top Coat, which I'd hoped was a dupe for China Glaze White Cap. I think with maybe a few more coats it might be comparable, but I liked it at one coat so left it at that.



Hope you like it! I've made it through 2 days with very little chipping and a teeny bit of tip wear which is a miracle for me. Even so I'm in need of some nail therapy so will probably change my nails tonight. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood tomorrow too...

Hx
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Must get round to getting some of the MUA crack-me-do. Not used many Stargazer polishes but the ones I have don't like base-coats at all, they prefer to go commando. The hussies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way the MUA crackles better than lots more expensive brands. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a thick coat you get more linear cracks like this, but if you apply it thinner it looks much more shattered like Barry M. My favourite crackles by far :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!