Sunday 12 February 2012

NOTD - Valentines stamping

This week's We Stamp on Sundays mani theme of course was Valentines. I decided to try stamping over a gradient...I actually loved the gradient I created and wish I took a pic before I stamped on it because that wasn't quite as great. For the gradient I started with two coats of Essie Luscious Lips, then sponged on Barry M Strawberry IceCream, MeMeMe Playful, Models Own Pink Blush, and a little China Glaze Mrs Clause to the tips. I stamped with Color Club Hot Like Lava and SdP-C02.  Because of the length of my nails and the colour of the tips under the stamp you can only see the hearts on the design, but there are actually wiggly lines top and bottom that you can only just see. I should have stamped over a lighter base, but I still like it. One thing about the Color Club foils - they stamp great but are a pain in the behind to clean up!



There are so many hearts and valentine images on the few plates I have, I just wont get time to use them all! I have one more valentine mani planned, but as it's the one I'll actually be wearing on valentines it'll be a little bit less garish! Just a little bit, mind...

Hx
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love this! Especially the gradient effect underneath! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!