Sunday 14 August 2011

NOTD - Half mooning with the kool kidz

Happy Sunday everyone! I always have mixed emotions about Sundays. On one hand it's usually a chilled out, relaxed day full of food, nice walks and playing with the kids, but then again, it's Monday tomorrow. Meh.

Anyway, I decided to create a half moon manicure because it seems to be the thing to do at the moment. And it looks good so why not? I wanted to wear purple on my nails so I applied 3 coats of Accessorize Pin Up (acquired from Jen's blog sale), which as it turns out isn't as purple on the nail as it is in the bottle. It's purpley-red glitter in a sheer burgundy base (along a similar line to Aztec which I showed you last week) and is very pretty when it catches the light. It is a tricky one, again a bit draggy and patchy until you hit the magic thee coats, but it looks fine after that. BUT it took an AGE to dry and when I removed the french tip guides after adding my half moons (in Rimmel I <3 Lasting Finish Your Majesty - perfect opaque silver, if only I could get it to stamp...) I removed the polish underneath more than once. I patched it up, slapped on a thick coat of NYC and you can't notice the bumpy bits - it's a bumpy polish anyway.






Apologies for the pics-taken-in-the-car. I noticed a bit of wear so quickly snapped these while waiting for the OH to put his face on and wax his bikini line or something...

Sorry if this post seems a bit angry. I am in a foul mood thanks to broken promises and lack of sleep. Normal service will resume tomorrow, hopefully.

In other news, my giveaway ends at midnight on Tuesday - have you entered yet?

Hx
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. This looks great, shame about the troublesome application.
    I replied to your comment on my blog but in case you didn't see it, I ordered my Milani polishes from the site BeautyJoint and shipping to the UK was $9. I wasn't thrilled with that but if I spread out the cost over all the polishes I bought, I thought it was worth paying, especially as I've wanted those holographic polishes for a while and haven't found them cheaper on any other sites. Just thought I'd let you know in case you weren't aware of that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, i hope you feel better! but at least your nails look amazing! i kinda love this color combo, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. Must do a half-moon. I really like it with silver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to try this. I like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great :) I haven't tried a half moon look yet - but it's really effective, so I'm definitely going to have to give it a go!

    Sorry to hear you're not in the best of moods - hope things improve for you asap..

    Thanks for your comment on my blog - it certainly is an MUA Nail Quake you spotted. Just received a couple more colours, so they're bound to appear on my blog soon enough too!

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Laura, I have looked there before but got greedy and threw loads in the basket then shipping was astronomical! I'll try again and stick to two or three! Like you say, $9 ove three or four polishes doesn't work out too bad.

    Thanks everyone else! Turns out I did it wrong - you're meant to paint the half moon colour first, then use tip guides for the top part of the nail. But the Accessorize polish wouldn't have been opaque enough anyway - well that's my excuse....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!