Saturday 11 January 2014

Keep on cracking! China Glaze Cracked Medallion swatch

Hi!

So, apparently crackle/shatter polishes are now rather passée, hence being able to find OPI and China Glaze shatter polishes in pound shops and discount stores which is where I picked this up. But I still love them, and Cracked Medallion is different to any other shatter polishes in my stash so I had to have it, and for the bargain price of 99p. They're not that different to textures, really, and you get an interesting effect for minimal effort. Here I used one coat of Cracked Medallion over black, and topped with two coats of topcoat to smooth it over.







I don't care if it's soooo 2012, it's a pretty effect in a pretty colour. I think crackle's downfall is that it can look pretty yukky if it isn't applied properly, but when done nicely I think it looks great. So neener neener!

Hx
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I saw this polish at other girl. She applied very well and it looked easier to apply. I've noticed it's difficult to add it over other polishes, because it looks thick. In any case, it's a beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, it is a really pretty effect :) I say wear what you love rather than following trends xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!