Friday 30 March 2012

Purple Crumpet Spring Challenge - Favourite Spring Green

Technically, Barry M Spring Green is my favourite spring green, but I've used that lots before so I chose something different today. Nails Inc Spring Mews is a lovely spring green, not in the slightest bit minty (unlike in some of my pictures) and not yellow toned either, just really fresh and pretty. It dries a tad darker than the bottle colour, but this was 2 easy coats. I'm starting to really love Nails Inc, whereas I've always been a bit meh over them before. I used a really pretty glitter from claires over the top, I've not seen anything like this before and it's really nice. Large pastel pink, green and yellow/gold hex glitter and a sprinkling of small silver glitter. I dabbed it on the tips of all my fingers apart from the ring, which I used it all over as an accent.







Pic overload, sorry!

Claires has some really lovely polishes, I think I need to go in there more often. Maybe I need a daughter as an excuse, because I feel like I shouldn't be in there on my own, I'm far far too old!

Have you ever had any nice finds in Claires? Anything I should check out? Has anyone tried their matte polish? Any tips on making myself look about 18 years younger so that I fit in?

Hx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. I didn't notice quite how pretty at first glance. Such a great green color! I'm not one for big glitter usually but I like how this one is spaced out. I may have to look into getting this glitter. As for feeling to old to be shopping at Claire's, just pretend you're getting a gift for someone. They don't have to know it's you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful green, and lovely layering! I think I have this same glitter from Claire's but I haven't used it yet... gotta get on that! Hahah the last time I went in Claire's there was a girl about 7 or 8 getting her ears pierced... or rather her ear pierced... her mother kept telling her not to be afraid, that it wouldn't hurt, etc. but when they finally pierced one ear she screamed at the top of her lungs and started crying her eyes out! :-( I love how Claire's allows you to become involved in a child's traumatic memories! Such an awkward place! But at least they have great nail polish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!