Anyway, as you've probably guessed I am aiming for a no buy/no spend this month, for nails, hair, make-up and beauty. I have everything I need - I'm not about to run out of moisturiser or foundation, I have a couple of basecoats which are perfectly fine and the number of half-full bottles of shampoo I have in my bathroom is obscene. So, with a few exceptions, I am not going to buy anything - no polish, no make-up, no nothing. Bit scared. But it will do my bank balance good, as the old man is self employed and work has been thin on the ground lately and my part-time this and that isn't getting us anywhere...
As I said, there are a few exceptions-
- I will run out of polish remover and cotton pads at some point, so they will need to be replaced - maximum spend £2.50 possibly twice in the month.
- I will need hairspray as mine has rolled too far under the bed for me to get (at least I think that's where it is...)
- I may be organising a swap...but if I do will put it off until later in the month.
- Bargain of the century Holy Grail item that I can't pass up.
- I have a small paypal balance that isn't worth transferring to my bank burning a hole in my virtual pocket, I will hold onto it as long as possible though.
So, since I can't buy any new polish, I decided I should stop being such a spoilt brat and use the 'new' polish I have that I've not even worn yet. Yup, the untrieds. I dug out all the untried polishes from my stash, put them in a box and firmly closed my polish drawer.
Um, blogger, why you make picture upside-down?
I think I have a month's worth of manicures here... I'm going to use these and only these for the whole month of September. A few exceptions again, to keep it interesting-
- If there is a particular nail-art that I want to do, I will allow myself to use other polishes as long as the main polish is from the untried box.
- I have some polish winging it's way to me from the Models Own sale and blog sales which will be added to the box.
- To add interest and change it up a bit I will allow myself to use matte, glitter, shimmer and crackle top coats as long as the main colour is an untried. Where possible I will use a glitter or crackle from the untrieds if I can.
So, that's my September! I've already started by painting my nails with an untried polish :) To be fair it is one I only got at the weekend...but it's a start!
Anything that catches your eye from the (upside-down?) picture? Will you be joining me on no-spend September? Let me know!