Sunday 13 April 2014

Green meadow flowers

Hi!

This week over at Adventures in Stamping the challenge was to stamp over green. It just so happens that I had Barry M Meadow from the Silk collection sitting in my untried drawer, and so that was the base I decided on! A super pale pearl green with a semi-matte finish, Meadow is a lovely spring colour that took 2 coats to be opaque. Not my favourite from this collection, but greens never are. I stamped over it with Pueen 39, isolating the butterfly from the larger image for the accent nail. I used Konad black pearl to stamp with and then filled the wings and hollow petals with Sinful Colors Out of this World to give them a bit of shimmery iridescence.





I am desperately low on my favourite topcoat (Poshe, in case you were wondering), and what I do have is thick and bubbly, so please excuse the messy edges. I got a little over zealous with the cleanup brush around the cuticles too... More topcoat has been ordered so normal service will be resumed shortly!

Hx
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet mani! Clean cut and fresh. lol, I get too deeply involved in the cleanup stage sometimes, also - to the point where I feel I need to redo a nail or two since there is so much bare area around the cuticle! But I love how neat the cleanup makes the mani.

    You don't care for green on your nails? It's interesting to me to hear or see what colors women like for polish. I like green but don't care for purple that much. Yet I know of one blogger that probably has every purple polish produced! It continues to amaze me that specific light waves reflected back to our eyes produces such emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice nail art. And the stamping is fantastic, It reminds me of one of topics I chose for my challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!