Sunday 10 April 2011

This week's haul

Oops, I've bought 15 nail polishes this week.... [Edit - actually 18 now, oh dear! Will save the rest for next weeks haul...)

 Top row L-R: New York Color Expert Last Nail Polish in Long Time Lavender, New York Color In A New York Minute in Grand Central Station, 17 Supreme Shine in Bared, 17 Nail Xtras Strengthening Base Coat, 17 Nail Xtras Crackle Top Coat.
Bottom row L-R: Beauty UK Glam Nails in Blue Shimmer, Barry M Nail Paint in Blue Glitter, Natural Collection in Topaz, MUA (Make Up Academy) in Shade 13, All About Face in Vibrant Pink

A couple of things about a few of the polishes :) LOVE the glod crackle 17 have bought out, hope they do more colours. The MUA polish is from Superdrug - I've never noticed it in there before but everything is just £1! Eyeshadow, lipstick, polish etc. And they have lots of funky colours. I've not tried the nail polish yet so I don't know what it's going to be like, and in my experience cheap eyeshadows tend not to be pigmented enough and look wish washy but for £1 they're worth a try! And the All About Face, this one was something like £1.47 in Tesco. I can tell the quality isn't great and when I tried it on a falsie it was very watery and needed three coats to be even and not streaky, but it was a pretty colour and a welcome addition to the collection :)

Now, nail mail! I was lusting after a silver crackle polish, and found one by W7. Then I found a website that sells W7 crackle polishes for £2.99 and normal W7 polishes for £1.47 with free shipping and I couldn't resist...


L-R: Purple Paradise, Pink Dazzle, Earthquake Silver, Graphite, Pewter.

I have the Purple Paradise on my toes at the moment and it's really pretty, covered in two coats and I'm impressed with the quality. I love the bottles too, they look so high-end, no-one would know they were less than £1.50! The only gripe I have is that the brush in the Pewter has a kink in it - so who knows what state my nails are going to be when I try and paint them with it! I think the brush is hitting the bottom of the bottle or something. But mustn't grumble!

I played around with some of these on some cheapo falsies and this is what I came up with:

(Sorry the pic isn't great)

L-R: W7 Pewter + Earthquake Silver, All About Face Vibrant Pink + W7 Pink Dazzle tip, W7 Graphite + Barry M Hologram Hexograms and W7 Purple Paradise + 17 Nail Xtras Crackle Top Coat

Can't wait to try some of these on my nails :)

Hx
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi hun can i ask you which site you got the W7 polish from for that price, ive been buying it from Nail polish Direct for £1.95 but i like the sound of free shipping lol....if you would be so kind to tell me id appreciate it so much xx

    You can contact me here: fab.la.icious.nails@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!