Sunday 10 April 2011

I'm back!

Yay! I haz interwebz :) I needed a new router after everything, so now it's fixed I can show you the great mani I wore for 3 whole days last week! Yes, three whole days of housework, childcare, cooking and even digging around in the garden and I managed to make it last. A definite (and very welcome) first for me.

On Monday I went into town and got to mooch around Boots and Superdrug for a bit, so I have a haul to post in a minute. I used two of the polishes in this mani and loved it. Beauty UK is a brand of make-up carried in Superdrug and I already had one of their polishes in a lovely lilac colour (the one I used for my last NOTD) and for £1.99 I couldn't resist this lovely blue. I wanted a mid blue colour as I only had a navy and a pale shimmery one, but I wanted a flat one - shiny but no shimmer. This one has shimmer but I love it, it turns into this amazing electric blue on the nail and is super shiny. I added Barry M blue glitter tips (using tip guides applied a little wonky!) and a coat of my new top coat New York Color In A New York Minute Grand Central Station. LOVE! Whether the staying power was due to the the new top coat, new base coat (17 Nail Xtras Strengthening Base Coat) or the colours themselves I don't know. The topcoat is great, it dries super fast and adds a real wet look shine. Anyway, here are the pics.




I took that off on Friday and replaced it with a plain colour for a little change. I'm about to add a crackle top coat to make it last another day and I'll post it as a NOTD tomorrow.

Keep reading for this weeks haul... ;)

Hx

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!