Tuesday 5 April 2011

Mothers day Mani +

Hi! Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days but my internet connection has been very temperamental. I was too busy over the weekend to sort it and calling my ISP provider today they told me it wont be sorted until the end of the week at the earliest :( I can't tell you how odd it feels not to have the wonders of t'internet at my becond call! I'm constantly thinking "I'll google that" and then realise that I can't! It feels like my left arm has been cut off!

Anyway, it's Monday night and I've got a few things I need to do online tomorrow at the library so I thought I'd write this now and post it in the morning!

Firstly, what I did to the raspberry and glitter mani to make it last another day. I took inspiration from some of the tape manis I've seen around the blogosphere, so I taped off half of my nail on a diagonal and tried out my matte top coat to add a contrast. However, there wasn't as big a difference as I'd hoped. Maybe it was the glitter, but the matte didn't really show. You can just about see it in the picture. One to try another day I think.


In the UK on Sunday was mothers day :) So I got spoilt by my three kids (well two and the hubby lol) and got to have a lay-in, then a nice walk and dinner cooked for me. It was lovely and I even got to do my nails. I'm desperate to try out my darker colours, but for this occasion I tried something more befitting for a mother! Firstly I painted my nails with two coats of Beauty Uk Lilac Girl and let them dry. Then I cut a wedge of sponge from an old baby sponge I had laying around and sponged on Barry M Indigo about a third of the way down the nail. I guess if my nails were longer I'd just be sponging the tips. There are tutorials for this method on My Simple Little Pleasures, I can't take credit for it, although I loved the way it turned out! All you do is brush a little of the colour onto the sponge and then dab it onto your nails, giving a feathery effect. I think this has to be my favourite manicure ever!


And then yesterday (Monday), after touching up the chips that I seem to get as soon as I finish a manicure, I added the matte top coat (17 Nail Xtras) again and this time loved it.

So, that's me up to date! I don't know when I'll next be able to get online, but I have a haul to post and another manicure soon too, I'm sure!

Hx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!