Tuesday 10 September 2013

Off-Topic Tuesday! Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Review



Hi guys!

I thought I'd try something a little bit different! This has always been a nail blog, and it will remain so but I've been toying with the idea of adding a few beauty bits and bobs here and there every now and then. Then I thought why not turn it into a little mini series, not just about beauty but anything other than nails! It wont be every Tuesday, but every now and then I'll put up a post about anything that takes my fancy - could be make-up, a recipe, home style, an outfit of the day even a rant. It will mostly be beauty - make-up, skin care, haircare etc, but I thought I'd like the opportunity to diversify a little bit. If you're just here for the nails then I'll make sure to balance it out with a nail post either side - and that way I'm making myself blog at least three times a week too. So, shall we get on with it?!

I'm starting out with a lip product, as lipstick is a big love of mine at the moment. I'm fond of these lip products that make your lips tingle and claim to "plump" them somewhat. Whether they do or not is a matter of opinion but I rather like the sensation. I got a tiny DuWop Venom Gloss in a subscription box and loved it, but at around £13 a pop they're sadly out of my price range so ever since I have been searching for an alternative. I spotted this Sally Hansen version while browsing on Fragrance Direct, and at £1.99 it just jumped into my shopping cart!

Now I have to say, the tingle may not be for everyone. I personally love it, and the Sally Hansen Lip Inflation has quite an intense tingle so beware. I'm guessing the product works by irritating your lips a little, and therefore making them swollen? So, I advise caution! I've found that they usually have a cinnamon-scent, but Sally Hansen Lip Inflation has a sweet, vanilla-based smell (although not taste - it doesn't taste pleasant!) which to me is preferable. It isn't too sticky, but if the wind blew your hair into your face you'd end up with a hairy lip and gloss in your hair (annoying!). I purchased the clear gloss so I could team it with my favourite lipsticks, but there are tinted versions available.




For the pictures below I applied the product on its own and the sensation started immediately. The little brush in the square tube worked well and if I did have a tinted version I doubt I'd have any trouble with accuracy. On it's own, it gives a lovely, long lasting glossy finish and the gloss (and tingle) lasted around an hour.



As you can see, the plumping effect seems to have made a difference after 5 minutes of wear, but by 20 minutes wear time, the bee sting look seems to have gone down, despite it still tingling. If you're looking for a longer lasting Lana Del Rey style full lip, then you may be disappointed, but if you're after the tingle and don't mind reapplying every few hours then I would highly recommend this product. Out of all the lip plumping products I have tried it beats them all for scent and the gloss was long lasting too.

Sally Hansen Lip Inflation is available more or less where ever you'd find Sally Hansen products, but I bought mine here. I'm super tempted by a couple of the tinted versions too...

Thank you for reading! I hope I've not bored you too much. What do you think to Off-Topic Tuesdays? Should I keep it nails or is it ok to branch out?

Hx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!