Friday 13 December 2013

Palate Cleanser of the Week! Estee Lauder Nouveau Riche

Hi!

I've come up with this new little mini-series in a bid to improve my swatching and photography skills. I realise that my swatches, and indeed photos, are not always up to scratch and I want to change that. Now, to me a palate cleanser may not just be a plain old polish - but a special polish (be it creme, shimmer, foil, duochrome...) on it's own, no nail art, no stamping, no accent nails. And I couldn't think of a better polish to start with.

This is the only Estee Lauder polish I own, because they are rather pricey; this one was a gift. But it is a stunner. Bronze, with a foil finish, and almost, almost duochrome in the right light. This was three coats, an there is still a little VNL, but not so much that it bothers me. Application is smooth and easy and dry time is good. I used a base of Duri Rejuvacote and a top coat of Poshe.






Pretty? Not something I reach for a lot, but I like it none the less. So, this is my starting point. I hope my swatches get better and better from here! Any tips gratefully received!

Hx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi, love your swatches and your nails are a really nice shape :) I also started blogging recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! stopping by from pennsylvania :) i just started blogging, as well! the polish you chose today is GORGEOUS! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!