Tuesday 13 March 2012

Purple Crumpet Spring Challenge - Day 17, Bulb to a flower

I really had no idea what to do for this challenge. The only thing I could think of was to draw a bulb growing to a flower over 4 nails, like drawing a life cycle at school (hands up if you did that!) and while I'm sure some of the ladies on the challenge would rock it, I knew if I tried it would suck. So I came up with something different and love it :)

I started with 2 coats of Color Club Rebel Spirit, a dark, marmitey brown. Super shiny and lickable! Worryingly streaky on the first coat, but the second made it perfect.



Then I stamped with Color Club Perfect Mol-ten and the rooty, leafy pattern from fauxnad M64. I took a chance with Born Pretty again for this plate, and they must've upped their game because it's perfect.


The flower part comes from a dried flower, which I added to the tips of my ring fingers as an accent. I used lots of topcoat here! Because the background was so dark the flowers didn't show up that well and looked kinda brown, so I used Color Club Hot Like Lava and dabbed with an almost dry brush to bring them out a little bit.






I liked this manicure, after I thought I'd hate it, so that was a bonus! I got lots of compliments on it actually. I think dark creme bases with metallic stamping is really eye catching. Think I may have to invest in more foils for stamping....if I ever get off this damn no-buy!

Hx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This looks so very pretty! I love the stamping and your flower is amazing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! And I learned a new word, marmite. I still don't know if it's chiefly a British word or I just never heard it before. Either way. Win win. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!