Sunday 11 March 2012

Adventures in stamping - circles

Hi guys,

First off, a sob story. The only luck we seem to be having at the moment is bad luck - things are just not good here! Mr NN was made redundant a few weeks after christmas and money has been very tight around here. We had to buy a new car, tyres for new car and have generally had a lot of expenses to pay, which is why I'm on a no-buy indefinitely. Now, last night, literally within hours of each other, the car broke down (3 whole weeks after we got it) and my laptop died. It has been on the cards for a while, but now I think it's beyond repair. So the long and short of it is, I wont be getting a new one any time soon and will only be able to blog from a useless old netbook that only starts in safemode and whose a, s, w, and z keys dont work. I cant upload  photos directly to it either. I think I've worked out a way round this, but they wont be great quality or cropped and watermarked like usual. Please someone send me some luck! To top it all I've woken up with a bug this morning and I feel like death. Urgh.
*EDIT* Mr NN tinkered with the laptop (ie took it apart and put it back together again) and it seems to be working...please pray to WEYBI that it doesn't die again!x


Anyway, onto the nails. At least my manicure is making me happy! This eeks stamping theme was circles, and when I was going through my plates and saw the peace sign on BM07 I couldn't resist. First I painted my nails with 2 coats of white, then added stripes in neon pink, orange, yellow & blue from my Orly Hot Shots minis. Then I added topcoat & another layer of white. Now this is the good part! I used a cotton bud dipped in polish remover and sort of rolled it around my nails to take off some of the top layer of white and give it a tye dyed look. Another layer of topcoat, then I stamped the peace sign using Barry M Silver Foil. I thought it was going to be a whole heap of fail, but it isn't! I even got most of the stamps centred!




I'll leave it there because writing with the onscreen keyboard is slow and painful. And if any one knows of any cheap (aka free) laptops going, let me know...

Hx
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Very cute mani....sorry about your run of bad things, when it rains it pours, but the sun does eventually come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty mani! I'm sending all kinds of luck, god's favor, good vibrations, everything good your way :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so so gorgeous! Love love lovve them! & I hope things get better soon :]]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!