Thursday 10 November 2011

31 Day Challenge day 8 - metallic

Metallic nail polish seems to be the big thing this season, with Barry M releasing it's foil effect polishes, the magnetic polishes being metallic and metallic duochromes from the Models Own Beetlejuice collection. I was quite surprised then, when I walked into my local Tesco pharmacy to see three limited editiong metallics from their make-up range Barbara Daly. And as luck would have it, they were on a three-for-two a few weeks ago. For today's mani I used two of these polishes, Amethyst and Starlight. Amethyst is a smokey metallic purple and Starlight a beautiful champagne gold foil. I used two coats of Starlight, a coat of Seche and let it dry completely, then used masking tape, pinking scissors and Amethyst to make the zig zag.




I really love these colours. I've had Amethyst on my toes for about 3 weeks and it's only just now showing any sign of wear. Well done Tesco and Barbara Daly for being so on trend!

Can't wait to show you my rainbow nails tomorrow!

Hx
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. SOO pretty! I would love to do a 31 day nail art challenge but idk if I could come up with a new idea everyday. lol & Excellent work with the tape! I always get so frustrated with tape mani's when they dont come out perfect. =D lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!