Thursday 3 November 2011

31 Day Challenge day 3 - the dreaded yellow!

I very rarely wear yellow nail polish, and that is for a good reason. It just doesn't suit me. I have done a couple of manicures using yellow as mu base and both time I have been "meh" over them. This is no exception. The yellow I chose is Miss Sporty Taxi, which is a sunny yellow with fine golden shimmer. It's ok, I guess, but there is no other way to describe it other then "meh". I can't stop looking at my nails though, but that's just because I'm trying to decide if I like it or not... Pics show 2 coats, no topcoat.







Are you getting anything other than meh? I left it without topcoat because I was going to add something to jazz it up this morning, but even though it was 2 hours after I painted my nails that I went to bed last night I woke up to sheet marks and bubbling. Not a good look. So it will be coming off tonight and I will replace it with tomorrow's colour - green.

Here are my yellow polishes swatched on a nail wheel - all three of them :D


Rimmel I <3 Lasting Finish Fruities Lemon Drop, Barry M Yellow, Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours Taxi

I think that with my 3 yellows I cover the yellow spectrum quite adequately!

Have you had trouble with yellow?

Hx
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Lol! 'Meh' is my favourite word to describe yellow. I have the Lemon Drop and although it smells nice, it streaks, bubbles and never wants to play ball. Ah well... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the same problem. I think I only own 4 or 5 yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I own about erm? 1 yellow :-) Looks ok on you though x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really grab for yellow but I think it looks nice on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!