Sunday 18 September 2011

NOTD - Playing with pigment again

This time not quite as successfully. I used W7 Graphite as the base and an emerald green Collection 2000 Dazzle Dust. I was seriously impressed with Graphite. A chrome-y silver that was perfectly opaque in one easy coat. Perhaps a teeny bit brush strokey, but I can deal with that. It might even be good for stamping, I'll test it out and let you know. It dried fast and because I wasn't expecting it to be a one coater I applied a second to stick the pigment to. This pigment didn't work as well as the Models Own one I used in my first pigment manicure, perhaps the texture is slightly oilier and therefore it's less "lose". It was certainly harder to cleanup. I like the look of the mani anyway, and it's still intact after a day of wear.





Sorry it's a bit messy still, I couldn't find my clean up brush and had t use cosmetic cotton buds, which are good but just not thin enough.

In  other news, I changed my blog layout (in case you didn't notice!). I couldn't figure out what the problem was with the old layout when viewed in Firefox so I started again. And then the header didn't match so I changed that too. It's not perfect, the header is a little blurry and I haven't got my columns right but I'll perfect it over time! Hopefully it's working now, but if you spot anything not quite right, or you don't like the dark background or have any suggestions, please please let me know!

Hope you all had a nice weekend :)

Hx
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. New layout is cool, easy to read and find things :) Blogger doesn't make things easy though! xx

    I was playing about with pigment at the weekend too, yours is awesome :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!