Friday 1 July 2011

NOTD - Nails Inc Havana

Hello :)

I'm am so so glad I got both of the promotional Nails Inc polishes with Dove deodorant. Havana, the pinky nude shimmer is gorgeous. I'm not usually a huge fan of Nails Inc because I find their polishes a bit thick and gloopy, and the chunky bottle cap doesn't help, but this one is completely different. The first coat of Havana went on a little streaky but evened out, and with the second it was perfect. You'd need three or four coats for opacity but since I just wanted this for a palette cleanser I stopped at two, and I really think this is my "my nails but better" polish.


I couldn't capture the shimmer, but I assure you it is there! My skin and cuticles are horrendous, so please excuse them.

I did this last night and then took my boys swimming this morning, and chipped a few nails a teeny bit. It was bugging me so I tried something and added gold tips (freehand! a first for me) using Miss Sporty Gold Backstage. A really subtle funky French look.

(A little messy, first attempt at freehand tips, and I had to change a nappy or wipe a nose or something too soon after I added them)

Has anyone else ever had any trouble with Nails Inc polishes? I don't know if the problems I usually have are because all of the polishes I have of theirs are freebies, or all cremes, or just me being rubbish. But I was pleasantly surprised with this one.

Hx
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I got both of them too, I really like this colour. I've never used nails inc polishes before, I can't justify the prices, but I was rather impressed with these :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only had a problem with one Nails Inc polish, and I swapped that away, lol. It wasn't even a freebie, as well!

    Anyway, I picked up 'Copacabana' but left this one as it wouldn't match my skin tone and I thought it'd be too sheer. It looks pretty on you but still wouldn't on me :( Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like both colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!