Monday 6 June 2011

NOTD - My first franken!

Hi guys,

Today I have to show you my first attempt at frankening! I'm pretty pleased with how it came out, although it's not perfect I love it all the same!

The base polish is NYC Starry Silver Glitter, silver glitter and larger blue and pink hex glitter in a clear base. Then I added a good blob of Barry M Indigo and Collection 2000 French White to make it a lilac colour. Then to make it more 'jelly' I added some clear polish by Natural Collection and then because you can never have too much glitter I added a splash of Barry M Hologram Hexograms, large silver holo hex glitter pieces in a clear base. I don't know exact quantites as I just added randomly until I was happy with the result, and here it is!

 Artificial light, miserable day here. Horrible yellow hands but most colour accurate for the polish. 3 coats plus top coat of NYC Grand Central Station.

Natural (rainy) light. The polish is not as blue irl.


Barry M Hologram Hexograms, Barry M Indigo, NYC Starry Silver Glitter, Collection 2000 French White, Natural Collection Crystal


What do you think? I really like it, think I will buy more SSG and make different colours :) Think a mint green would be awesome :)

Any ideas on what I should name it?

Special thanks to KarenD at Frazzle and Aniploish whom I bombarded with questions about how to go about cleaning the bottle out, and she was very helpful, so thanks Karen! I ended up not washing the bottle out, just pouring the gloopy contents (an old base coat) into an old envelope so I could throw it away, and then getting started! Actually much less messy than I thought it would be!

Hx
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I really like this! every time I've attempted to franken it turns out really gross.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added Barry M Hologram Hexograms to mine too! Creeeeeeeepy! I think you should name it 'the purple and not as good version of LinLins', it's got a catchy ring to it, don't ya think? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo pretty, I'd call it a success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking Lippmann Glitter in the Air. Not a dupe obviously but in that general area. Me likey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God, the first one is so perfect that I need to run and see tutorials on how to make your own polishes, you got me so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it ;)

    @Linlin clearly you're delusional *pats on head*

    @Jen I'm not keen on GITA, I think it needs more glitter. You can never have too much glitter...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I think a bit more glitter might be good, though I do like as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! Frankening is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!