Thursday 24 March 2011

Barry M Black crackle over Beauty UK Glam Nails Lilac Girl

Ok, so I mentioned that I am a housewife and Mum to two young boys which means life is very hard on my nails! I don't have the time (or the inclination - yet!) to change my manicure every day, so I need nail colour to be adaptable and touch-up-able. The perfect polish for this, for me, is a crackle top-coat. I painted my nails with 2 coats of the Lilac Girl on Monday, touched up the chips and added another coat on Tuesday, followed by a top coat of Natural Collection Crystal Clear. It still looked good and unless you were looking really closely you wouldn't notice that I'd filled in the chips. There were more chips yesterday (Wednesday) so I did the same, but this time the polish started to look a little lumpy. So before the clear top coat I added a layer of Barry M black crackle which has disguised the lumps and bumps and will hopefully make the manicure last until tomorrow evening when I'll have time to take it off completely and try a new look. I'm quite pleased with how ingenious I've been in making the manicure last this long! Usually if I don't have time for a complete removal and re-paint I either take if off and leave my nails plain or I shamefully wear the polish all chipped and looking slutty!

I know this wont work for all looks, for example I'm going to try out a nude polish and a sponged french-tip look over the next week or so, and I don't think these would look good with a crackle over them. I guess I'll have to think of another solution for those!

I took a few pictures - again in my too-bright conservatory. Also I didn't get the angle quite right so my nails look shorter than they are. They're a fairly short squoval just a few millimeters past the tips of my finger. Please excuse the messiness - I've always been a sloppy nail-painter! I'm going to invest in a clean-up brush I promise! Also, my cuticles and the skin on my hands are very dry. I've been suffering with contact dermatitis on my hands due to using a lot of detergent (with a baby I seem to be washing my hands every 5 minutes - every time I feed, him, change his nappy, prepare food - as well as when I go the toilet or am doing any cleaning at home) and in the winter they got really bad. I've been using Lotil cream as a moisturiser and a hydrocortisone on the bad parts, and hopefully now the weather is improving they'll get better quickly. As always, any sugesstiongs of products to help would really be appreciated!

Anyway, here's the pics. I guess you would say they are taken in natural sunlight.


Please excuse my three year old's arm in the picture! I don't have time to crop it out at the moment - I guess he just wanted to join in! I'll have to tell you a funny story about him and nail polish sometime - I bet you can tell how it ends!

Hx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!