Saturday 16 February 2013

New 31 day challenge, day 15 - watercolour

Hi!

Sorry for the late post, time seems to have gotten away from me today...although I've not actually done very much but sometimes days like that are good! I think I'm getting sick again so that's my excuse...

The challenge for day 15 was watercolour - something I've not tried before. So I spent quite a long time watching youtube tutorials and I came up with this pastel monstrosity! It actually came out quite similar to my cling film mani, although that was done with neons. Anyhow. I started with a pastel yellow base (Models Own Lemon Meringue) and topcoated it. I then added blobs of Models Own Jade Stone, Pink Blush and Feeling blue and tried to blend them with an acetone-soaked brush. I think my brush was too scratchy though, as they didn't really blend, more just wipe away. Never mind, it's still quite striking.



My favourite yellow- just two coats

I used it as a base for another mani in the challenge, so you'll be seeing it again in a few days!

Hx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!